Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friends...of the Home School Variety

I can not even begin to put into words how much I delight in getting together with other home schooling moms. Being able to do so has REALLY changed my life! Here we are on a Sunday, and 7 of us got together to do some brain storming for our group. It was incredible! Even if we were in the middle of a McD's play land and had to shout at each other almost the entire time!

Our first three years of homeschooling were a terrific experience, but to be truthful...especially knowing what I know now...were kinda lonely. We went NO WHERE!! I was just telling someone the other day, back then, I could fill up our mini van and go probably about a month before having to fill it again. During those three years, my kids, the two oldest who had been in public school before, really did miss that "classroom atmosphere"...where they actually saw other kids. So, together with another mom, I launched my home school group! It has proved to be the best thing for all of us!

It took a little to really get the group going...but once it did, it took off! I absolutely LOVE this group...all the families which make up the group! My children have made friendships which they truly cherish. I have made connections in which I will forever treasure. I feel our group has really grown into a phenomenal little community of it's own...and in some ways, as I heard someone say, a kind of extended family! How beautiful is that?? I'm so thankful to be apart of it all!

Having other home schooling moms to turn to when you need to...it is a remarkable gift! If it's that you need a moment to vent, need advice or inspiration, support, or you just want to share something funny that happened that day...no one else truly understands all the joys and struggles of doing what we do than another home schooling mom! I'm so very grateful...each and every day...that I have an abundance of fellow moms who are always ready to be there for each other!

I'm hoping all the moms of the East of Cincy Homeschool Organization really know how unbelievably marvelous they really are! I absolutely adore the friendships that I've made over the past 18 months. These connections I've gained have been such bright blessings in my life!

Here is to the years ahead as we watch TOGETHER as our children learn, excel, and grow!

3 comments:

  1. I am truly thankful for the connections my children and I have made within the group and for the friendship of all the lovely Moms in the group. Jennifer you are one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met. I am so happy you started this group. You are one rockin homeschool mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy being apart of the group too. I feel like I have finally found the friends I've have always looked for. You all are awesome for starting this group. I know it had to have taken a lot of work to get it going, and it probably still is a lot of work now. But we all really appreciate what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! They are appreciated VERY much!! I love the friendships I've made, and my heart gets so excited to see connections made between other moms, kids, and families!!

    Jody...OMGoodness...I was getting a little weepy there reading what you wrote, "I feel like I have finally found the friends I have always looked for." My heart is swelling! That was so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete