Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do Over

After reading and being inspired by other wonderful blogs, I thought I would try and resurrect my own. It's been quite some time since the last time I virtually journalled, but I think I would like to take another shot at it!

I know I've mentioned to some of you about my desire to pull away from the virtual school. Just for the boys at this time. But I'm having a hard time convincing Danny that it's a good idea. From talking with some of my home schooling friends, and after a long time thinking about it...I think it's a good path for us to take. But I won't...not without his blessing.

I also know that Frost has been struggling with his reading for some time. I don't have any excuse as to why...did I just not do a good enough job teaching him, or maybe he's just a "lazy reader", like I used to be, I always "waited for the movie." I've hoped that over time it would improve, but it really hasn't.

Enter in, my next do over! I am going to be really back tracking with Frosty. Going back, way back, and really hitting the sight words hard again, and fluency practice! Something just maybe didn't click right the first time around, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...in this case...2nd time will be the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment